Monday, October 14, 2013

Vintage Outfit Post-1930s Style For a Wedding

A few weekends ago my husband and I were lucky to attend the wedding of a dear friend of ours who we first met during our college days at the University of Buffalo.   Years ago she was a brides maid in our wedding and it was lots of fun to attend hers.  
 
Joyce is the one of my left.

 Since I rarely attend fancy events I wanted something dressy and vintagey to wear and the wonderful women at Time Machine Vintage on Etsy made me the absolutely perfect outfit.   A black 1930s style skirt, which she cleverly found a dog hair resistant fabric for, and pewter satin 30s style blouse.  I had originally wanted a burgandy blouse and she suggested pewter and was completely right.   I wore the blouse and skirt with long black gloves from ebay, a 1930s black crochet purse also from ebay, mod cloth shoes, What Katie Did stockings, and a pink feathered hair clip I got years ago on sale at anthropologie.  I really loved wearing this outfit, its probably my favorite outfit ever, hopefully I'll have another event to wear it to in the future.



You can't see the seamed stockings I am wearing as after the wedding I broke my I Phone and all the full length shots of my outfit were lost,  but I  have to say I really loved them.  I've worn cheaper seamed tights before and the seams never stayed straight but on the What Katie Did Tights they didn't twist at all.  I can't remomend them enough.

The wedding was at the Swan Club in Long Island with lots of pretty flowers about.



John on the club grounds



 The first ceremony was very nice but I failed to get a good picture of the bride as there were so many of the couples friends and loved ones in attendance.   While we were waiting I took this picture of John and I





 The couples dog Nacho was the ring bearer I really wish I had gotten a better shot of him


After the first ceremony there were two more a Korean tea ceremony, as the groom is Korean

Again I failed to get a good picture
 and a Chinese one to honor the brides heritage.

The Bride and Groom

 It was a very lovely and romantic wedding.

Me with the beautiful bride.  She looks just like she did years ago in college.

5 comments:

  1. Wowzas! You look so cute and saucy in this outfit! I love that you got it from Time Machine Vintage too. She was dead right about going with pewter too. That looks divine with your hair and black skirt.
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. What a beautiful wedding. That picture of you and Joyce is a treasure. You both look so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful wedding. I just adore your outfit and you looked absolutely divine in your wedding picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely wedding and you all look so lovely. Sorry your phone broke. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kate, you a vision of 1930s elegance and beauty. What a strikingly glamorous ensemble. You look as though you could have just stepped out a vintage movie.

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Thank you deeply for your wonderfully lovely, uplifting comment on my post about Calgary yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...